About Roseburg Police
The city has a daily service population which approaches 50-60,000. Roseburg Police Department handles an average of 20,000 calls for service per year.
The Roseburg Police Department is the largest municipal police agency within Douglas County, and we are also the county seat. The police department currently employs 37 sworn officers and 4 civilian employees.
Department personnel participate in a number of specialized and multi-disciplinary functions including:
- Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team (DINT)
- Major Crimes Team
- Multi-disciplinary Child Abuse Team
- Emergency Response Team (tactical)
- Hostage Negotiations Team
- Bicycle patrol
- Reserve Police Officer Academy
Our officers can also be found teaching at local colleges and the Oregon Police Academy. We're involved in service clubs, boards, and other community and youth organizations in our community.
The department is supplemented by a cadre of volunteers including Police Reserves and our award winning Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS), collectively contributing thousands of hours each year.
Services provided by volunteers include vacation house checks, parking control at events, bicycle patrol, foot patrol at shopping centers and downtown, disabled parking enforcement, abandoned vehicle removal, public presentations, case status contacts, fingerprinting and more.
It is the mission of the Roseburg Police Department to consistently earn the public's trust by contributing to our community's reputation as a safe place to live, work, play and visit.
We are committed to investing the resources provided to create a feeling of safety and security for our citizens and employees, protecting constitutional guarantees, developing and maintaining effective partnerships, reducing unlawful behavior and the fear it manifests by pursuing and arresting those who choose to break the law, and creating a crime-resistant community through education and other crime prevention techniques.
Statement of Values
The Roseburg Police Department believes that honesty, integrity, and justice are the standards and values by which we ourselves are judged.
- Committed to community protection and partnership
- Maintaining an environment of openness, honesty, and mutual respect
- Taking pride in, and responsibility for, the quality of what we do
- Dedicated to a humane and caring climate
- Respecting the dignity and rights of each individual
- Recognizing achievement and celebrating success
- Remaining open and responsive to progressive ideas