Street maintenance starts next week
Fullerton Street slurry seal, August 2015
ROSEBURG, OR – Maintenance to extend the life of more than 2.5 miles of Roseburg streets is set to begin next week, weather permitting.
The Roseburg Public Works Department asks vehicle owners to be sure to remove their vehicles from street sections scheduled and posted for maintenance to allow crews to complete the work.
The Public Works Department has hired contractors to apply slurry seals to sections of street starting Wednesday, July 28. The work is expected to be finished within five business days. Street sections should each be finished within one day.
Slurry seals combine a thin layer of gravel or “aggregate” with an asphalt emulsifier, and that is applied to a paved surface to help preserve and protect the underlying pavement structure and provide a new, smooth driving surface.
“Essentially, you can think of a slurry seal as sunscreen for asphalt,” said Public Works Director Brice Perkins. “Applying slurry seals helps us achieve our goal of providing quality public infrastructure at the lowest life-cycle cost.”
Residents who normally park their vehicles on streets scheduled for maintenance must remove those vehicles from the street before work starts so crews can apply the slurry seals. Advance notice will be given to every residence prior to scheduled start dates. Unfortunately, any vehicles found on those streets after the scheduled start date will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Here are the street sections scheduled for maintenance:
July 28, 2021 (tentative, weather permitting)
- W. Brown Avenue: From W. Military Avenue to W. Wharton Street
- W. Ballf Street: From W. Military Avenue to W. Brown Avenue
- W. Altamont Street: From W. Military Avenue to W. Brown Avenue
- W. Fair Street: From W. Harvard Avenue to W. Bradford Avenue
- W. Silver Court: From W. Fromdahl Drive to end of street
- W. Fromdahl Drive: From W. Military Avenue to W. Pilger Street
- N.E. Shambrook Avenue: From N.E. Winchester Street to N.E. Stephens Street
July 29, 2021 (tentative, weather permitting)
- W. Myrtle Avenue: From W. Nebo Street to W. Ballf Street
- W. Hazel Street: From W. Sharp Avenue to north end of street
- N.E. Hewitt Avenue: From N.E. Kerr Street to N.E. Atkinson Court
- N.E. Walker Court: From N.E. Hewitt Avenue to end of street
- N.E. Atkinson Court: From N.E. Hewitt Avenue to end of street
- N.W. Lemans Street: From N.W. Valley View Drive to end of street
July 30, 2021 (tentative, weather permitting)
- W. Wharton Street: From W. Myrtle Avenue to W. Harvard Avenue
- W. Brown Avenue: From W. Fairhaven Street to W. Wharton Street
- W. Fairhaven Street: From W. Myrtle Avenue to W. Harvard Avenue
- W. Ann Avenue: From W. Fairhaven Street to W. Nebo Street
- W. Fairmount Street: From N.W. Garden Valley Boulevard to N.W. Stewart Parkway
For project updates, please follow the city’s social media channels on Facebook and Nextdoor, and visit the Public Works Department’s projects page on the city’s website.
For more information, call the Public Works Department at 541-492-6730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by RoseburgAdmin